Topic of the Week
Source Code: Effective Business Communications
Everyone at work seems to be overwhelmed today. With all of our bulging inboxes, it's so darned important for every one of us to learn how to communicate more efficiently and effectively.
Blog of the Week
21 Female Senators to Help Decide Fate of Bill That Would Kill Harassment, Discrimination Suits
Sex-based discriminations sounds like the bad old days but, unfortunately, it isn’t. Just a few years ago, current and former female sales representatives at a medical cosmetics company, Medicis Pharmaceutical (now owned by Valeant Pharmaceuticals), banded together to bring a class action against their employer for regularly doing all of these things, and more, including unequal pay and retaliation for reporting discrimination and harassment.
Thought for the Week
"The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: concentration, discrimination, organizations, innovation and communication."
–Harold S. Geneen
List of the Week
from Fish Consulting
Virtual Team Challenges: What Managers Are Concerned About
- 49% communicating effectively
- 43% managing projects and deadlines
- 43% creating consensus during decision-making
Top Five News Headlines
- Republicans Just Made It Easier For Employers To Hide Workplace Injuries
- Acosta Unsure About Using Pay Level for Overtime Eligibility
- The Not-So-Creepy Reason More Bosses Are Tracking Employees
- Trump Labor nominee Acosta frustrates Democrats by dodging questions at confirmation hearing
- Sexual-Harassment Claims Against a ‘She-E.O.’